Tuesday, September 16, 2008

The Parachute Tribe ...

Sometimes I wish I could crawl inside of Asher John's head. He comes up with the most interesting and strange ideas sometimes. 

Elias and Asher were talking about Native American tribes. Justin asked Elias if he could name a tribe and he replied, "Cherokee." I told him that the Lakotas lived near Nanny and Poppy. Some time passed and then Asher asked me, "Mom, is there a tribe called the Parachute tribe?" I had to ask him to repeat his question because I wasn't sure I heard him right. Nope, he said exactly what I thought he said, parachute tribe. "I don't think there is a tribe called the parachutes," I informed him. He just smiled and kept on daydreaming.

Asher is one of those kiddos that can make you feel so full of love and happiness one minute and then in the next moment he can send you into orbit with his tenacity. And those dimples, man!

If anyone hears about a lost tribe called the Parachute, please let us know!

Jodi

No comments: